WNET’s first-ever Open Mic Night will take place at the Tisch WNET Studios at Lincoln Center, 66th & Broadway, NYC on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 from 8-11 pm.
Click here to submit an application. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QH6T56WThe event will be live streamed on thirteen.org, and performances may be used in a future on-air or on-line production.
Performers 18+ in any performance discipline from music to comedy/improv to dance, art and spoken word are invited to submit an application to perform original work.
15 performers will be selected to share their craft in an 8-minute (or less) set of original material that focuses on LIFE IN AND AROUND NEW YORK. Performances will be taped in front of a small live audience and live streamed via thirteen.org.
- All performers must apply on line via this link before Midnight on May 4. Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt, so apply as soon as possible.
- Applications must include a detailed description of your act and/or provide a link to a recent performance.
- Ensure you will be available on May 18, 2016 from 4:30 pm until midnight.
- Performers must be self-contained and use their own (portable) instruments. WNET will provide sound and lighting support but cannot provide instruments of any kind.
- Material must be an original work, including any accompaniment, and must be suitable for a public television audience (profanity is not allowed). Artists are responsible for securing appropriate permissions.
- We will review entries in order of receipt until we have identified 15 Acts and 5 alternates that reflect a high level of quality and artistry. Selected participants will be notified by May 9.
- If you are selected to participate, you will have 48 hours to commit before we move on to additional applicants.
- Selected participants must complete an appearance release that allows the performer and his/her/their materials to be used on-air and online without further approval.There will be no prizes awarded and no compensation of any kind for performers.